CALL TO ACTION:
Three things you can do right now:
Complete this Government Survey before 7th December
Sign up for our email newsletter.
What are the Current Threats to Stourbridge Green Belt?:
1. Many hectares of Stourbridge Green Belt under threat of development following a ‘call for sites’ as part of the Black Country Core Strategy Review: More information and actions you can take on this issue.
2. The idea of a Western Orbital Bypass or Western Strategic Route has once again been proposed, and the probable route would run close to Stourbridge. More information and actions you can take on this issue.
3. The OSH proposal for a Free School in Norton has been put on hold. Read our update here: Free School for Norton put on hold.
FURTHER ACTIONS You Can Take to Protect Stourbridge Green Belt:
1. Community Forums enable you to ask your local councillors about any developments in the Green Belt Review and the proposals for a Free School on Norton Road. These forums are held at local venues, and there is also an online forum. The timetable for Dudley Community Forums can be found on this page: Dudley Community Forums
2. Following a vote, Dudley Council is now once again under Labour control. A new Cabinet of Dudley Council has been announced. Why not take a few minutes to email cabinet members, to let them know your view on development of Stourbridge Green Belt? Cabinet Members of Dudley Council.
3. As the Black Country Core Strategy Review progresses it is vital to stay engaged with the democratic process. There is an option to keep informed of updates on the Core Strategy Website, via an e-bulletin: HERE
Above: Graphic from the 2017 Public Consultation stage of Black Country Core Strategy, under “Responses to consultation leaflet / short survey questions.” The responses listed clearly show that local residents are overwhelmingly opposed to Green Belt development. The question illustrated in the above graphic was: “do we need to release some areas of green belt land to meet our future development needs?”
Save Stourbridge Green Belt is an independent website run by a group of Stourbridge residents.
Our aims are:
- to raise public awareness of threats to Stourbridge’s Green Belt.
- to inform local residents by providing links to publicly available material.
- to encourage participation in public consultations, relevant petitions and in contacting those in public office, thereby supporting the democratic process.